Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Be Open to Unexpected Gifts


I took this image on a recent marsh walk. When I noticed the heart shape in the cloud in the bright blue sky I felt as if I'd been touched by something special. That particular day when I saw the heart it was near the pond and as I continued on the path to the overlook at the Great Sippewissett Marsh it was an exceptionally clear day and there were very few people on the path.

When I returned to the spot where I took the photo only about 20 minutes later the cloud had already disappeared. I was grateful I captured the fleeting image. As I walked home that afternoon I knew it was because I was open to receiving this unexpected gift and I wanted to share it with you.

A simple joy can become a reminder to us all that life always has gifts to offer as long as we remain open to that possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chasing Sunsets on a Sunday Afternoon

I made a promise to myself last weekend to get some needed rest. I decided I wouldn't make too many plans and I'd stay close to...