Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Starry Night Revisited

  
A sneak peek at two works I am in the process of creating for an upcoming exhibit called Fakes and Facsimiles at Falmouth Art Center. The exhibit is an invitation to create and revision existing works in a newly inspired or reimagined way.

When I originally saw the call to enter I wasn't sure I had anything in mind or ready to show.

Then recently when I was doing a bit of Pre-spring cleaning I came across a text-book I used when I taught Introduction to the Humanities years ago at Richland College and Collin County Community College and when I flipped through the pages and came across these works I had an idea! 

I drove to Staples in town to make a color copy of each and then came home to Collage and frame them into a revised interpretation. I chose a very cool blue paint for the back ground of "Starry Night" and a shiny metallic silver paint for the background of the second one.

Can you guess what the second one is a revision of?  

There will be a reception for the show on Friday April 6, from 5-7 at the Falmouth Art Center on Gifford Street in Falmouth. Stop in to see them for yourself. 




2 comments:

Chasing Sunsets on a Sunday Afternoon

I made a promise to myself last weekend to get some needed rest. I decided I wouldn't make too many plans and I'd stay close to...