Monday, January 27, 2020

Chasing Sunsets on a Sunday Afternoon


I made a promise to myself last weekend to get some needed rest. I decided I wouldn't make too many plans and I'd stay close to home to watch a movie or take a nap. I've been adjusting to the start of a new teaching semester and I have not been feeling especially well. 
Yesterday I laced up my walking shoes and walked down to the marsh because I knew it would tend to me in exactly the way I needed it to. The marsh, no matter the time of year, month or day soothes the soul in the way it needs soothing. What a gift of a sunset it was too.. The three mile walk felt as if I was chasing the sun as I followed it along the path and watched it sink below the horizon just beyond the water.  My sense of peace and balance returned.
 I urge you, even if you don't live near the beach or a marsh to get outdoors, leave your worries at home and get yourself out into nature!. Look around. Take notice. Pay attention to what you see. There is an endlessly magical world out there waiting to be discovered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chasing Sunsets on a Sunday Afternoon

I made a promise to myself last weekend to get some needed rest. I decided I wouldn't make too many plans and I'd stay close to...