Thursday, December 7, 2017

Tending the Marsh

Welcome to my new blog!

I feel so blessed to have celebrated ten years on my original baking related blog. I plan to keep it there because there are so many fun memories from time spent in my kitchen and I am sure I will visit it now and then when a fun food related item comes up.

I'd love to share my latest creative endeavor which is about how the simple practice of taking daily walks at the marsh has influenced my writing and art.

To tend to something means to care for or look after. Ever since moving within walking distance to the Great Sippewissett Marsh in West Falmouth three years ago I have developed a daily practice of what feels like tending to the marsh. I wrote a poem with the same title and the idea of  'tending to the marsh' feels like what I do now that I spend so much time there.

This notion of tending extends to other areas of my creative life.
I am in awe of the way the marsh can change day to day, hour to hour and even moment to moment.

My daily practice has inspired an enormous amount of creativity from writing to creating art and taking inspirational photographs. Please follow along on my most recent creative adventure to see what develops. My hope is that my new passion will inspire greater creativity in you.

Below is a link to a recent piece I wrote for Cape Cod Magazine that introduces my love for and photographs of the marsh.

The Many Gifts of the Marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chasing Sunsets on a Sunday Afternoon

I made a promise to myself last weekend to get some needed rest. I decided I wouldn't make too many plans and I'd stay close to...